27181 Huerta, Mission Viejo, CA, 92692 • (949) 861-0947
Front-end Web Developer & Graphic Designer
Proficient with front-end frameworks and libraries, including React, AngularJS, Sass, Tailwind, Fluent UI and others.
Experience with deploying Dockerized bundles on AWS and Azure hosting platforms with New Relic monitoring.
Experience working with full and headless CMS templating engines, such as Drupal, Wordpress and ContentStack.
Has set department standards for code workflows using Git, TDD with Jest, and code reviews with Github and BitBucket.
Background with design and UX tools for raster (Photoshop), vector (Illustrator) images, and wireframes/prototyping (Sketch, Figma).
Biological Dynamics – Contractor, San Diego, CA 07/2021 – 11/2021
Created MVP React web app for a new biotech product going to market. Worked with product owner on all aspects of UI design, data architecture, features and technology.
- Used Microsoft Fluent UI React framework to build a statically generated application deployed on Azure Static Web Apps with Microsoft OAuth.
- Mocked and documented data schema for backend API with OpenAPI tooling.
- Presented functional application mocks using Sketch to get stakeholder buy-in.
Blizzard Entertainment – Senior Engineer I, Irvine, CA 11/2017 – 06/2021
Coding React applications for multiple live service products and managing technical requirements of offsite contract team.
- Developed features for the first two seasons of OverwatchLeague.com using React, Next.js, BEM and Storybook to enhance fan engagement and meet sponsorship deals that required tight deadlines. Enhanced existing CMS with Drupal as a secondary headless CMS to enable live creation of content that the legacy CMS wasn't able to provide.
- Built from-the-ground-up the news and advertising experience of the Battle.net digital storefront, using React, Redux, TailwindCSS and NextJS. Architected the schema for structured content in a headless CMS to replace a 10 year old legacy system. Component library maintained full test coverage with Jest.
- Worked as the sole technical contact with a vendor on Drupal multisite fan pages, planning features and managing backlog of necessary deliverables.
- Made Blizzard.com and other sites compliant with AA accessibility standards and CCPA/GDPR regulations.
Hyundai AutoEver America – Senior Front-end Engineer, Irvine, CA 03/2015 – 11/2017
Leading team on redesign of Kia.com and other highly utilized, customer-facing product sites.
- Set technology direction for front-end and developer tools and helped team members to develop skills with Angular, Sass and Git through training and writing style guides.
- Evaluated bugs and features for level of effort during sprint planning, communicates with creative and technical team to provide understanding of technical and UX issues.
Bariatric Advantage – Front-end Web Developer, Aliso Viejo, CA 03/2011 – 03/2015
Developed e-commerce websites and internal web apps, tracking analytics trends, and designing online marketing materials for a young, online sales-focused company with Agile development schedule.
- Developed e-commerce sites for brands that doubled online sales.
- As product owner, leads project planning scrums and QA, communicating issues with designers, engineers and stakeholders.
Syneron, Inc. – Webmaster / Developer, Irvine, CA 11/2007 – 03/2011
Front-end developer on all product websites, developed new web apps for internal company use, and provided departments with solutions for technical training, sales and support.
- In charge of designing and building front-end for 10+ customer-facing and internal websites using Zend framework and Drupal CMS, including launching two online stores.
- Managed code deployment and performance on multiple LAMP web servers.
Software Anywhere – Designer / Junior Developer, San Clemente, CA 3/2005 – 11/2007
Designed original graphical layouts and interfaces for this start-up tech company and clients. Prototyped and assisted in coding features and creating HTML and JSP web apps.
- During second phase development, adapted the site front-end with a new look-and-feel in one week with minimal changes to the DOM.
In my spare time, I’m usually playing video or board games and I have led a raiding guild in World of Warcraft with over 20 active members. I attend meetups for OC Drupal and volunteer at annual coding camps. I also brew very strong beer.